St Marys Area Community Development Project
We are funded by Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) through the Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI) Program. Our aims are:
- Increase social inclusion, participation, cohesion and a sense of belonging to the local community
- Provide relevant and meaningful services that address community needs
- Case management
- Provide programs to increase skills, confidence, knowledge and wellbeing of our clients
- Assisting people to have a a voice
The focus is
- To strengthen and provide effective early intervention to the community, individuals, children and young people
- Community engagement
This program focus is on local families, young people, CALD communities and individuals living with in the Penrith Local Government Area
NMA is a member of the NSW Settlement Partnership (NSP), funded by the Department of Home Affairs through Settlement Services International (SSI).
Our settlement services include:
- Face to face services, information sessions, referrals and advocacy
- Identify the needs and issues impacting on the local CALD communities
- Develop and deliver capacity building programs, and group activities to address the needs of the community.
- Assist local services to develop and implement policies and practices to encourage the access of CALD communities and individuals.
Multicultural Mobile Aged Day Care Program
The Multicultural Mobile Aged Day Care Program provides support and centre-based care for the frail aged from CALD backgrounds living in the Penrith Local Government Area.
The service is designed to cater for the language needs of the consumers. When we have sufficient numbers of a particular language background, a specific group for that language group can be formed.
Currently, we have three multicultural groups, a Filipino, a Bhutanese, and a Dutch specific group.
The following organisations are working in partnership with NMA to provide outreach services to specific groups in the Penrith Local Government Area:
- STARTTS Service for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors – Clinic/Counselling services. Tuesday 9:00 am to 4:00pm. Referrals though STARTTS intake.
Regular events and programs
NMA hold regular classes and events, find out more in our What’s on section