Multicultural Mobile Aged Care Program
The Multicultural Mobile Aged Day Care Program provides support and centre-based care for the frail aged from CALD backgrounds living in the Penrith Local Government Area.
It gives opportunities to participants from CALD community to meet with others of the same age and language group.
Our service includes the provision of transport to and from the Centre and to the outings organised in consultation with the groups receiving the service.
The objectives of this service are:
- Support clients to continue living independently at home
- To offer respite, information and support to carers.
- To sensitise mainstream community services to meet the needs of CALD frail aged people in the Penrith LGA
- To increase the awareness of the frail aged of their rights.
- To encourage the frail aged to utilise and develop their skills.
- To provide stimulating social, educational and cultural activities.
After receiving a referral an assessment is conducted by the service Coordinator. This assessment will determine the suitability of the person to our service.
At the Centre we provide:
- Morning Tea
- Culturally appropriate meals
- Group activities
- Information Sessions
- Advocacy and Referral Services
Funded by the Department of Health – CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Programme)
The service is designed to cater for the language needs of the consumers. When we have sufficient numbers of a particular language background, a specific group for that language group can be formed.
Currently, we have three multicultural groups, a Filipino, a Bhutanese, and a Dutch specific group.